We now will talk about the self-defeating way of thinking: "Overgeneralisation".
When something bad happens, don't you tend to see it as a pattern of frustration that you can never change?
For example, if a person rejects you, would you say to yourself, "I'm always rejected"?
For another example, if you are blocked in your career, would you say to yourself, "I will never be promoted"?
This kind of self-defeating thinking can't help you, so your subsequent series of failures are actually yourself defeating yourself. It's like a salesman driving a car, a bird flies by and drops a piece of shit on the windshield, and the salesman says, "That's my luck! Birds keep shitting on my car!" This can kill his morale.
In these cases, you have to argue with yourself, "This person doesn't like me, I'll go for the next one." "I need to adjust my approach and make sure to take the next opportunity." "Birds occasionally shit on my car, has nothing to do with the client I'm meeting next. I'm going to make it."
Master this technique, you'll love yourself better, exercise self-control more easily, and achieve more of your goals.
Subscribe to us now, and continue to receive the series of articles on "Abandoning the Self-defeating Way of Thinking". Only by caring for yourself can you succeed.
Master the secret to success now- Throw Away the Self-defeating Mindset
All posts under this topic:
(3) "Emotional Immersion" https://www.overcome.vip/post/master-the-secret-to-success-now-3-throw-away-the-self-defeating-mindset
(4) "Discounting the Positive" https://www.overcome.vip/post/master-the-secret-to-success-now-4-throw-away-the-self-defeating-mindset
(5) "Jumping to conclusions" https://www.overcome.vip/post/master-the-secret-to-success-now-5-throw-away-the-self-defeating-mindset
(7) "Emotional Reasoning" https://www.overcome.vip/post/master-the-secret-to-success-now-7-throw-away-the-self-defeating-mindset
(10) "Self-blaming and Blaming Others" https://www.overcome.vip/post/master-the-secret-to-success-now-10-throw-away-the-self-defeating-mindset
Overcome provides CTAA accredited remote and tailored advice on solving mental health related problems in a few efficient and effective sessions with unbeatable strategies to give you an unfair advantage in life that can benefit you for all your life with 98% success rate. (Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Mental Health, Therapy)