(5) "Jumping to conclusions"
You interpret things negatively without facts to back up your conclusions. This is the self-defeating way of thinking: "jumping to conclusions too quickly."
Have you ever thought of yourself as a "mind reader" who arbitrarily judged that other people's behaviour towards you was negative or hostile without further communication?
Have you ever considered yourself a "master fortune teller" where you predict things will go wrong for no reason. Before a test, have you ever told yourself, "I'm afraid I'm going to fail the test. What if I fail?" People with depression or anxiety say, "I'm never going to get better."
If you consider the other person's reaction to you to be negative or even hostile, you can communicate with him, and many times you will find that it is because of problems in his own life. If the other party really has an opinion on you, then this communication can help you solve the problem and prevent it from developing into a bad situation in the future.
The Best Friend Strategy
If you have prepared well before the exam, before the interview, before the meeting, then encourage yourself. Each of us has a tendency to be especially indulgent to our best friends, but hard on ourselves in every possible way. You will say to your good friend: "You have prepared so much, you must be able to perform very well!" So why are you so mean to yourself? Try to treat yourself the same way you would treat your best friend.
A "self-defeating" mindset is a defect of human brains. We must recognise them and get rid of them immediately. Your life will be different and you will succeed more easily than others.
Master this technique, and you'll love yourself better, exercise self-control more easily, and achieve more of your goals.
Subscribe to us now, and continue to receive the series of articles on "Abandoning the Self-defeating Way of Thinking". Only by caring for yourself can you succeed.
Master the secret to success now- Throw Away the Self-defeating Mindset
All posts under this topic:
(3) "Emotional Immersion" https://www.overcome.vip/post/master-the-secret-to-success-now-3-throw-away-the-self-defeating-mindset
(4) "Discounting the Positive" https://www.overcome.vip/post/master-the-secret-to-success-now-4-throw-away-the-self-defeating-mindset
(5) "Jumping to conclusions" https://www.overcome.vip/post/master-the-secret-to-success-now-5-throw-away-the-self-defeating-mindset
(7) "Emotional Reasoning" https://www.overcome.vip/post/master-the-secret-to-success-now-7-throw-away-the-self-defeating-mindset
(10) "Self-blaming and Blaming Others" https://www.overcome.vip/post/master-the-secret-to-success-now-10-throw-away-the-self-defeating-mindset
Overcome provides CTAA accredited remote and tailored advice on solving mental health related problems in a few efficient and effective sessions with unbeatable strategies to give you an unfair advantage in life that can benefit you for all your life with 98% success rate. (Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Mental Health, Therapy)